Sick again





Yes, so it has been another long lay-off from the blog due to illness. Brian and Zoa have both had a cold/flu, but then Zoa's turned into a double ear infection on Thursday. So, I have been busy taking care of Zoa and trying to get her to rest. She is finally feeling better and is acting like herself again. She talks pretty much non-stop now-a-days and is non-stop action too. She has completely given up napping at home, which makes my weekends exhausting sometimes. I actually feel like I have more energy during the week than on the weekend. Today (I am on fall break) I tried to keep her in her crib playing for 20 minutes. Although she cried much of the time, I am trying to get her used to playing by herself for a little bit so I can get a break on the weekend. All our friends who have babies Zoa's age have babies who still take 2 naps a day and go to bed at 6:30 or 7:00 at night. I feel like I would be able to get so much done with that much time. My days are so full now that this past Saturday night I was literally scrubbing the kitchen floor at 10pm. It has been 5 months since Brian have even been able to go out on anything even resembling a date. OK, so I am pissing and moaning a lot, but I am tired.
Although life is a lot of work right now, Zoa is so much fun too. We spent a ton of time together this past weekend hanging out at the park, raking leaves, and going to the zoo with a friend and her baby. Her vocabulary is so large now that I can no longer count how many words she knows. She is learning a ton of stuff from daycare and brings home these little pictures and activities to do, which is really cute. My favorite new thing that she does is the "I'm a Little Tea Pot" song. I tried to teach her the song and the moves this past weekend, because she is so enamored with the Itsy-Bitsy Spider. Now, she slaps her butt with one hand (for the handle) when she wants you to sing the Tea Pot song. She hasn't figured out the rest of the moves, but she thinks it is funny. Well, I am too tired to write more tonight, so I will just leave you with some recent pictures.

1 Comments:
At 9:28 PM,
Ceri said…
Hey there--
I'm totally with you on the napping thing. Liam is down to about an hour a day, but it's not at all reliable. Many of my friends' kids sleep at least two hours a day, always at the same time. Can you even fathom that????
I am definitely more exhausted on my days home with Liam than when I work. One day, I realized I hadn't sat down for more than a couple minutes in over 8 hours. I guess that's life with a toddler. Though there are probably babies out there who are not so unbelievably busy as our little peanuts!
Take care and chin up!
love,
C
Post a Comment
<< Home