Finally, some family fun




I have been meaning to write something since this weekend, but my schedule is just too hectic to keep up regularly with the blog anymore. I think that I will be lucky to write something every couple weeks.
This past couple weeks Zoa has really been thriving in her new daycare. The women at the daycare are both crazy about her and she is already giving them cuddles and kisses. The quality of care that she is receiving is so much higher than the last daycare she was at; I actually have trouble now believing that we had her at the last place for 6-weeks.
Besides daycare turning around, Brian and I are starting to feel a little better. Brian has pretty much stopped coughing; and besides the headache I have had for almost a week straight, I am feeling a little better too. So, this past weekend, we took advantage of the nice weather and went to Arbor Day Farm (Yes, Nebraska is the official home of Arbor Day). We got to test out the backpack that my parents gave us (Zoa absolutely loved it), and we picked up some really tasty apples and apple-based treats from the orchard. When we asked Zoa if she wanted a apple, she said apple for the first time right at the orchard; it was so cute. All of her new words and smarts continue to amaze me. Last night as I was reading her a bedtime story, she pointed at a picture of an owl and said, "owl." Are all babies this smart, or is it just mine? OK, so I am sure that most babies her age are doing similar things, but it is just so cool to see her little mind working and acutally be able to witness her learning so much.
Hopefully, as we get more into the groove of our new routines, we will be able to have some more family weekend afternoons together. Life right now is hectic, so the time we have together seems more precious. I am not sure if that is good or bad, but it is just how it is right now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home