First hair "trim"?




Well, among other events this weekend Zoa had her first haircut. I am not sure that it felt like that big of a milestone as I really just took two snips off of what someday might be
bangs. It did not really feel like a haircut, rather a trim; although we did save the little bits of hair that floated to the floor. There is photographic evidence here of her dramatic transformation. Note that she looks extremely tired as her hair was snipped just before bedtime on a "no-nap" day. Also, no that is not a zit on her forehead; it's a mosquito bite.This past weekend Zoa and I spent a lot of time together as most days at home she completely refuses to nap. I actually was completely worn out by Monday night. We did have a lot of fun playing outside and there are some pictures here of her going a mile a minute. Our favorite Zoa move lately has been her "take-off look ." She bends her knees and throws her arms back right before she starts to run. I have a picture of it here, but not as good a one as I would like. It is hard to capture on camera due to the high-speed lift-off the move gives her.
In other Zoa news, she had her 15-month check-up and more shots. I had to take her in by myself this time and was brave as she got poked and prodded. Zoa still continues to be very tiny as she only weighs 18 pounds and is still below the growth charts for weight. She really needs to gain some weight in the next 3 months, or she may have to get a complete work-up for failure to thrive. I am really not too concerned; I think that she is just small. However, she has begun to absolutely refuse to drink milk, so instead of the 16+ ounces/day the doctor has said she must start to drink, she drinks more like 4. I substitute a ton of whole milk yogurt, yogurt smoothies and cheese, but it is still hard to get her up to enough calories. I think that this week we might buy some toddler formula to supplement her diet with, just to make sure she is getting enough calories. After worrying for several months and the beginning of Zoa's life about her not eating; it feels weird to be starting to worry again.
Zoa and I were together again today as her daycare was shut down due to a death in the family. So, I brought her into the office and actually accomplished quite a bit of work considering the situation. She behaved herself wonderfully and I was the hit of the office for the day as everyone was smitten by having a baby around again. It makes me feel good that I am able to bring her into the office without anyone really caring. In fact, my department chair played with her today while I met with a student. I have a feeling that there may be many other days like this in our future, so it was a relief to see that it is doable.
There is more Zoa news, but I am too tired tonight to write anymore. I have to go get some sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home