Baby Bugsly Doodle

Blog devoted to the followers of Baby Bugsly Doodle, aka Zoa Amelia Penly. Here you will receive the exciting happenings of a baby coming of age in the chaotic world of tomorrow.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Daycare and other Developments





I have not had time to write in a while as home improvement projects have got us down. We will now frantically be trying to finish 3 projects before Brian and I go back to school. Most importantly, we need to paint one side of our house, which we already stripped of paint, and finish our brand new hardwood floor, which my Dad and Brian just finished installing this morning.

Well, enough of that... on to Zoa. The big Zoa news is that she started daycare this week. She is only going this week from 8:30 to 11:30 and will be increasing next week to 2:30 and the week after to full-time. It has been a surprisingly hard transition for me to make. I am used to leaving Zoa to go to work, but realize now that it feels really different leaving her with someone other than Brian. Although I really like the in-home daycare provider we have chosen, it is really hard for me to leave Zoa with someone that I do not really know. I have a really hard time trusting someone else with Zoa's care. I just see how demanding she is at home and can't imagine that someone can manage caring for her and a bunch of other kids too. I know that the kids play with each other and keep each other entertained, but it is hard knowing that no one is paying complete attention to Zoa.

Zoa is having a bit of a hard time adjusting her routine too. She is not unhappy at daycare or at home, but her sleep schedule is all messed up. She usually fights her naps and bedtimes, but these last three days she has been fighting them even more than usual. It is like she has spent her time away from us, and just wants to play while she is at home. I guess that this will just take time for all of us to get used to. I really hope it feels better with time, because today it felt absolutely horrible dropping her off.

Well, I should go start dinner before Zoa wakes up from her really late nap. Here are some pictures from the week of floor installation. I have to include one picture of Dad and Brian taken just after they triumphantly nailed down the last board of our floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home