Back in Omaha our Home-aha



After a busy weekend jet setting around the continental U.S., Zoa and I are back safe and sound in Omaha. We had the pleasure of visiting with Unky Jeff and Aunt Jennifer, as well as Becky-Dick and Emily (see photos). Over the weekend while I attended and presented at a conference and caught up with colleagues (see photo of David, Zoa, Sarah & me), Becky and Dick babysat and Jen and Jeff babysat as well. I also took Zoa to my old favorite places like Sarovar, Curra's Grill and Mi Madres. Of course, almost all of our jaunts were food-related. Zoa did seem to enjoy her first experiences with Mexican food as she supped on refried beans, rice, masa, corn, and cheese. We also enjoyed one nice afternoon in Hyde Park and a walk around the neighborhood as well. The weather was not as warm as I would have hoped, but at least it was warmer than Omaha.
The plane trip was hard on both of us and I can honestly say that I hope to never travel alone with an infant again. Zoa is definitely an even-tempered baby, but she is also very active and does not like to sit still. She also is not what I would call a cuddly baby, so holding her on my lap was a constant struggle. During our plane trips Zoa alternated between passive resistance by going completely limp and complete resistance by going stiff as a board and turning bright red. The other passengers loved us and especially enjoyed Zoa's cries of frustration. On my trip from Houston from Omaha at least I had a breif respite from battle as Zoa took a nap.
Brian was extremely happy to have both of us home yesterday (Well, mostly Zoa), and we certainly are happy to be home as well. Thanks to everyone in Austin for their hospitality. I hope that the whole family can make it back soon.

1 Comments:
At 12:19 PM,
Ceri said…
Hi there,
Bugsly seems to enjoy hanging with her fam! Lucky girl. Though little Ms. B does not look happy in this bottom photo. Perhaps you were threatening her with another plane ride? Poor thing is probably scarred for life now!
Hugs from Aunt C
Post a Comment
<< Home