Baby Bugsly Doodle

Blog devoted to the followers of Baby Bugsly Doodle, aka Zoa Amelia Penly. Here you will receive the exciting happenings of a baby coming of age in the chaotic world of tomorrow.

Friday, March 24, 2006

The Dread Pirate Bugsly has Taken My Soul



Empty crib. Empty play-dog-yard thingy. Empty house. Empty soul. Bugsly is gone and she has taken my joy with her. Normally when Melly leaves, she comes back in a few days and I ask, "Where have you been?" She typically responds with a quaint, "It's none of your f#$%ing business where I've been" and that is that. But this time she has gone and taken my Bugsly with her.

Sure it is under the clever guise of a "business trip". I ask you, what "business" does a woman and her ten month old baby have going to Austin, TX in the middle of March. None, I tells ya. None.

So here I am, sitting in Omaha, the Paris of the Midwest, by myself, alone. Sure I called my neighbor, Spompy, to hang out. But little Spompy has a head cold and can't even pull himself to hit the farm auctions to find his Red Wing stone jugs. Is he a 35 y.o. man or a 65 y.o. woman? Hard to tell.

So I sit and page through the memories of Bugsly. Bugsly digging through the cupboards. Bugsly digging through the toychest. Bugsly digging into electrical lines in the yard. All the precious memories are there.

So Melanie is suppose to be home on Sunday. We'll see if that happens. My guess is that she may or may not show up. Perhaps she'll drop off Bugsly because having a baby when you're out carousing doesn't make one a very "hep cat". Either way, my life is certain to improve in the near future. The good news from all of this is that our horribly disturbing teddy bear room has been dismantled (de-wall papered) and painted. Now our guests won't have 1,345,698 teddies staring at them as they sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home