Cruisin


Well, this update did not come as soon as I would have liked; we were too busy enjoying the three-day weekend. Saturday, a colleague of mine from UNO and his wife and baby came over for lunch, and on Sunday it was 65 degrees so we went for a long walk and hung out in our backyard. It was such a nice weekend, that I think every weekend should be at least three days long.Now it is back to work for all of us, and speaking of work, Zoa has been busy achieving new milestones. First, she has grown out of her size 2 diapers finally and has moved from Swaddlers to Cruisers. This move is especially timely as Zoa moves forward with her “cruising” ability. She still uses rolling if she wants to get someplace quickly, but she is beginning to figure crawling out for moving forward. She works at a mix of a military-style crawl to pushing with her feet on her tip-toes for propelling herself forward. Second, yesterday Zoa had her first bottle of formula. For those of you who know my breastfeeding saga, this is a particularly momentous occasion for me. I am finally free of the breastpump after almost 8-months. I was a little nervous giving Zo-zo (yet another nickname) her first bottle of formula. I was stressed about her not liking it and felt a little guilty about denying her the good stuff. And although she did offer part of one of her bottles to the cat, she ate the rest like a champ and did not even seem to notice the difference. She definitely burps a whole lot more with the semi-foamy formula, but that seems to be the only ill-effect so far.
Well, I must go and prepare now for my first class of the day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home